EXCAVATE is the data analytics event of COMPOSIT'20.
DATA ANALYTICS is used in many industries to allow companies and organization to make better business decisions and in the sciences to verify or disprove existing models or theories.
It provides an opportunity to find insights in types of data and content, to make the business more agile, and to answer questions that were previously considered beyond reach. This event will aim to gauge your presentation and data analysis skills to the fullest.
Problem statement will be released soon.
There will be two rounds in this event.
- First Round -
- The first round will be an online submission round.
- The participants need to submit their code along with an abstract(NOT more than 500 words) describing their approach to the problem and the answer to the objective no. 2 in the problem statemnent.
- All the files must be be sent in one folder in zip format to email@example.com.
- The subject of the e-mail must be Excavate Submission.
- The e-mail body must contain the following -
- Names of all the team members
- Contact No.(atleast 2) of the participants
- The last date of online submissions is 20th Feb 2020 .
- The list of the participants shortlisted for the final round will be released on 'date will be released soon' on this page.
- Second Round -
- The final round will be conducted in IIT Kharagpur during COMPOSIT'20.
- Participants will need to present their solutions to a panel of judges.
- The presentation will be given 10 minutes for presenting their solutions.
- This will be followed by questions from the judging panel.
The minimum team size allowed is 2 and maximum allowed team size is 4.
- The initial shortlisting (of the online round) will be based on the solutions/answers for all the three objectives mentioned int the Problem Statement.
- In the final round, a team's score will depend upon their presentation and their approach to the problem (along with the parameters mentioned in the previous point).
Note: In case of any conflict, the decision of organizing committee of COMPOSIT will be final and abiding.
The prize money of the event will be announced shortly