"Good writing is clear thinking made visible".
— William Wheeler, journalist and author
Do you want to tell the world about your knowledge of materials?
Have you been exploring the brain at school or university and have the urge to write about the fantastic things you’ve learned?
Do you want to flaunt your writing skills?
Well here’s your chance. MetaScript is an article writing competition which aims to inspire students to show their writing skills in Materials and Metallurgical domain.
- The article must have a short relevant title.
- Advancement in Material Science at a turning point.
- Metallurgy from stone age to modern age.
- Core of each discipline-“Material”.
- The content of the article must be original. Plagiarism will lead straight to disqualification.
- You can include one graphic (a photo, an image or a sketch) describing/related to your article. (If including photos or other images, please ensure you have the written permission of the people in the photographs or appropriate credit for the photographer or you must write source of the picture).
- Article word limit for first round will be 400-500 words.
- Selected participants from first round will be move to the second round.
- The articles must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject MetaScript Submissions.
- The articles must be sent in form of a PDF document.
- The graphic used must be attached in the email, and must NOT have a size greater than 2 Mb.
- The body of the email must contain the following details about the participant.
- Full Name
- Mobile Number
- Title of the article
- College Name
- The deadline for submissions is extended till 25th February, 2020.
- 100 points for the quality of article - Your article will be evaluated by respective professors of the Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Kharagpur.
- The top 3 articles (having the maximum score out of 100) will be shared individually by the facebook page of COMPOSIT. The authors of the respective article need to share their article posted by COMPOSIT's page.
- 1 like (on the article shared by COMPOSIT's facebook page) = 1 point
- 1 share (of the article shared by COMPOSIT's facebook page) = 2 points
- Total score = (score out of 100) + (no. of likes) + 2 * (no. of shares)
Note: In case of any conflict, the decision of organizing committee of COMPOSIT will be final and abiding.
The prize money of the event will be announced shortly.
All winners will get an official certificate from COMPOSIT, IIT Kharagpur.
There are prizes for other categories like most innovative title, best graphic etc. which will be announced along with the winners.